Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Oat Waffles and Scentsy

Here's a delicious recipe for waffles...of course, I modified it...as I always do whenever I make ANYTHING. (This doesn't always yield the best results for me...but I only post recipes that have worked for me and that Zach has enjoyed.) Actually I can think of like 2 recipes that I do NOT modify (that much). Anyway, here is it:
Oat Waffles
1 cup flour (half whole wheat, half all-purpose)
1 cup oat flour*
4 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 3/4 cup milk
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp vanilla
Combine first five ingredients.
In a separate bowl, combine eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Do NOT overmix.
Pour onto a preheated waffle iron until golden brown.
*1 1/4 cups quick oats ground in a blender is a good substitute.
**Also, it is beneficial to allow waffle/pancake batter to ruminate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before cooking. Of course, this is not required, but the result is extra fluffiness and yumminess!

I got a Scentsy warmer last week and I love it. It is very decorative and the scents are delightful. I got Beach, Skinny Dippin' (I have NO idea why it is thus named...it brings to mind nothing close to skinny dipping), and Enchanted Mist.

That is all.

1 comment:

Sarah Jane said...

3 of my fav scents! nice choices