Saturday, July 18, 2009

Cookies You Can Make When You Can't Decide What Kind You Want

I wanted to make some cookies yesterday. I always make the same kinds of cookies with the same great recipes. BUT...I wanted something new. I found this recipe on allrecipes-which is my absolute favorite online resource for yummyness. This did NOT disappoint.
Like I have said before, oatmeal cookies are kind of my nemesis. I can't get them soft. Anyway, these are amazing. Zach loved them and he's not crazy about my oatmeal cookies, usually.

Baker's Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies
1 cup flour (I used half whole wheat, half white)
1 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder (if you use whole wheat flour, put in a little extra)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp vanillla
6 squares semi-sweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped (I used chocolate chips, not chopped)
-Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt; sat aside. Beat butter, sugars and peanut butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing until well blended after each addition. Stir in chocolate.
-Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls of dough, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets. (I used a medium cookie scoop.)
-Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 1 minute; remove from baking sheets to wire racks. Cool completely.
I totally forgot that I was going to take a picture and post it...I will try to put up the picture later. :)

1 comment:

The Griffith said...

Hey, is this the recipe for the cookies you dropped off on my birthday? If so they we wonderful. Thanks again!