Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Hot Fudge and Spiders

First of all, I made hot fudge sauce from scratch Sunday night and it is delicious. It is perfect over vanilla ice cream! Here's the recipe (from Betty Crocker cook book):
1 can (12-oz) evaporated milk
2 cups (12-oz) semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla
Heat milk, chocolate chips and sugar to boiling in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly; remove from heat.
Stir in butter and vanilla until mixture is smooth and creamy. Cool about 30 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken. Serve warm. Store remaining sauce covered in refrigerator up to 4 weeks. Sauce becomes firm when refrigerated; heat slightly before serving (sauce will become thin if overheated).

Second noteworthy item...Tuesday night we had the most ginormous spider in the house that I've ever seen. I tried to get a picture with my phone, but it didn't work out. Anyway, I think Zach was actually a little nervous to kill it. However, being the braver one (by A LOT), he did the deed and it was nasty. I'll spare you the details...you would thank me if you knew what happened. :) I hate spiders! Especially nasty huge ones that are inside my house. Ironically, over the last two days I have killed five or six other spiders...luckily those ones weren't that big or nasty. I just don't know why we have to get so many inside! Now, I just freaked myself out...I thought I'd try to find a photo of the spider online... well, I didn't and now I think I'll have trouble sleeping tonight. Oh well.

Thanks for listening...BYE

3 comments:

Camilla said...

Ooooh, I'm soooo the same with the spiders!!!! I am just glad we don't have a basement like where I used to live. We had to have spider traps everywhere, yuck. Also, on Tuesday night we had the hugest spider on our stairs!!! Probably a wolf spider, they get so big! Luckily I didn't step on it cause it moved right before I was going to....
A few months ago Adam killed a BLAC WIDOW spider in the corner of our garage, now THAT's scary. I freaked myself out then too, looking up poisonous spiders in Uta online.....

Camilla said...

Hey why did it misspell some of my words? I'm a stickler for spelling, so I meant: BLACK WIDOW and Utah. Not those other words

Catherine said...

Yum, that hot fudge sauce sounds tasty! A couple months ago I made a caramel coconut sauce - it was to make Samoas (Girl Scout cookies), but I made way too much sauce, so we used it as an ice cream topping, it was yummy! I'll have to try the hot fudge sauce sometime.
Thank goodness Zach was around to kill the spider. Our cat has doubled as a bug hunter, she's been eating our houseflies and spiders - let me know if you want to borrow her :)